Here are the steps for receiving this award:
- Name the blogger who awarded you this fantastic award
- List 7 random facts about yourself
- Award 15 other bloggers this award
7 random facts about myself:
1. I consider myself rather boring and contrary to many of my friends beliefs, I cannot stand being the center of attention.
2. I just started taking pictures again about a year ago. This was after being a photojournalist for 20 years. It took me about six years to forgive photography and journalism for putting me through utter “hell” for the last 10 years of my career.
3. When I became a Catholic, I swore off swearing. In the last 12 years I’ve sworn maybe twice. I still think the words but they don’t cross my lips.
4. I have a story for everything. If you have a story, I will probably have a story I can connect to it because of my journalism career.
5. I’m a huge Cubs fan. Always have been. It’s an expectation in my family. I am also used to watching losing baseball.
6. I have a slight addiction to music. Everyday I have music websites that I visit to listen to new releases. I am also a music snob. Can’t stand pop, country or anything of a commercial nature.
7. I have four tattoos and two piercings. I hope to get a couple more tattoos but it’s not a priority.
I honestly don’t view that many blogs (except these blogs daily) but here are the few that I would pass this award on to:
1.365lifephotography.wordpress.com This is a former student of mine that is trying to do the right thing on so many levels in her life.
2.Jacqueline at 6monthstolive is essentially about living life to its fullest. Her outlook on life is what I hope most people would strive for.
3. barbaraelka whose blog I instantly fell in love with. Her photography is inspiring and original.
4. Secondhandcity whose blog and posts caught my attention especially since she is from the same neck of the woods as I.
5. Stacie Chadwick whose blog Gemini Girl in a Random World is smartly written and funny.
6. He’s not a wordpresser, but Scott Strazzante is a friend of mine and probably one of the best photojournalists in the country. I kid you not. He has a passion for photography and life that is absolutely infectious. If you page through his blog you’ll also see some of the smartest street photography done with an iPhone. He shoots better with his phone than most do with a “regular” camera. If you like good photography, go here……NOW!
That’s all I really have for blogs I follow too much. Please check these bloggers out. I have nothing but the deepest respect for what they are trying do accomplish with their writing and outlook on life.
Photos of the day feature a day at the park. Soccer and ballpark, that is. Mine is from spending about six plus hours in the sun. It must have been cool hat day, so I captured one such hat watching the action. My son decided to visit the your soccer league that competes on the fields next to where my sons play baseball. Regardless, it was a hot and tiring day.
Soccer Field of Dreams
Until Next Time,